As social distancing becomes a new norm, it may become tempting for us to think about how much “better” our lives were before COVID-19. Instead of taking this as a period of deprivation, let us take this opportunity to reconnect, recharge and rethink how we can learn from and support one another in our efforts to give our learners the best education whether physically or virtually.
While SingTeach continues its pursuit to bridge education research and practice for you, we also want to create a collaborative platform where we can support one another and where you can bring forth your education experiences during this challenging period. In SingTeach‘s new Virtual Staff Lounge, we hope to feature your stories and experiences on how this pandemic has affected you. We invite you to contribute on the following range of topics:
- think pieces on how the pandemic has affected education/education research;
- challenges you faced and how you overcame them;
- tips on how to make distance lessons more engaging;
- reflections on COVID-19, distance learning and/or home-based learning; and/or
- any interesting stories that give insight into the nature of teaching and learning during this crisis.
By consolidating these materials, we hope that despite the disruption, we can continue to support one another through this pandemic.
For questions or to submit a contribution, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Download the Submission Guidelines.